To: <fw-general@lists.zend.com>
Sent: Friday, September 05, 2008 8:10 PM
Subject: Re: [fw-general] Zend_Translate TMX doesn't downgrade?

Thomas,

The nl (not nl_NL) translations are in the source file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<tmx version="2.0" xmlns="http://www.lisa.org/tmx20";>
 <header adminlang="en" creationtool="locale4j" creationtoolversion="1.1"
o-tmf="unknown" segtype="block" srclang="*all*"/>
   <tu tuid="Add">
     <tuv xml:lang="nl">
       <seg>Toevoegen</seg>
     </tuv>
     <tuv xml:lang="en">
       <seg>Add</seg>
     </tuv>
   </tu>

I'm trying to autohandle the languages, so I'm especially interested in your
remark about "The locale parameter is ignored for sourcefiles which define
there locale themself".

What does that actually mean? That I can't autohandle the language? From the
manual I read:

" TMX files can have several languages within the same file. All other
included languages are added automatically, so you do not have to call
addLanguage()."

Shouldn't nl_NL downgrade to nl and therefore the language is autohandled
and fetched when translating?

Regards, TJ.