-- Pieter Kokx <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
(on Saturday, 04 October 2008, 11:12 PM +0200):
> Since revision 11629 there are some problems with the PluginLoader This
> is because there were some performance tweaks. Since that revision, it
> is that when you are calling the Zend_Loader_PluginLoader::load()
> method, it uses the Zend_Loader::loadFile() method in stead of just
> using require_once. The problem with that is that the
> Zend_Loader::loadFile() method is adding the given directories to the
> include path and removing them after the include operation. But when you
> have a relative path that depends on the include path, it won't work
> (then you are adding something like Zend/View/Helper/ to the include
> path). So it doesn't work anymore.
>
> How can we make this work well again?

Pieter, please update to current svn. Since 11666, committed last night,
things are now working fine. I identified the issue, and have resolved
it (while keeping the performance improvement).

> Well, just make that the PluginLoader doesn't use the
> Zend_Loader::loadFile() method and uses its old method with
> require_once. Or we should change Zend_Loader::loadFile() so it will use
> the directories correctly and make that that directories can be in the
> include path. Currently we are making a big API break. Even Zend_View
> doesn't work with helpers or filters anymore without re-adding the path
> manualy.
>
> Does anybody else have some other ideas to solve this?

Software Architect       | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Zend Framework           | http://framework.zend.com/