I updated the Loader dir to 10753 and it works again now. Revision 11629 is the one that broke it.

Regards,

Bart McLeod

Matthew Weier O'Phinney schreef:
-- Bart McLeod <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
(on Monday, 06 October 2008, 09:10 PM +0200):
Hi all,

I had similar problems today with my custom view helpers. They are in the location where ZF is looking for them, but it can't load them. I thought I sent a mail to the list about it, but it probably got rejected.

The only thing I could think of is the directory separator... I can see you are on windows too. In my case, everything worked before and now nothing does, because the helpers aren't found by the plugin loader.

I'm pretty certain it's an OS-dependent bug, and will be working when I
can to fix this the next few days.

The loader works by adding to the include path the directories required...

Bart

Codiac schreef:
Matthew,

It's probably my setup but I'm still experiencing problems. I'm not using
the incubator and I'm trying to load the Zend_View_Helper_Translate. It
works fine for the login page, but after that it somehow goes wrong. Here's
a little more info.

#0 C:\Documents and Settings\Mijn documenten\Projecten\Workspace\Zend
Framework (Core)\library\Zend\View\Abstract.php(1114):
Zend_Loader_PluginLoader-&gt;load('Translate')
#1 C:\Documents and Settings\Mijn documenten\Projecten\Workspace\Zend
Framework (Core)\library\Zend\View\Abstract.php(545):
Zend_View_Abstract-&gt;_getPlugin('helper', 'translate')
#2 C:\Documents and Settings\Mijn documenten\Projecten\Workspace\Zend
Framework (Core)\library\Zend\View\Abstract.php(312):
Zend_View_Abstract-&gt;getHelper('translate')
#3 [internal function]: Zend_View_Abstract-&gt;__call('translate', Array)
#4 C:\Documents and Settings\Mijn documenten\Projecten\Workspace\D
Wms\d_wms\default\views\scripts\index\index.php(3):
Zend_View-&gt;translate('INDEX_PAGE_001')

Regards, TJ.

Matthew Weier O'Phinney-3 wrote:
-- Matthew Weier O'Phinney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
(on Sunday, 05 October 2008, 11:45 AM -0400):
-- Matthew Weier O'Phinney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
(on Sunday, 05 October 2008, 11:27 AM -0400):
-- Codiac <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
(on Sunday, 05 October 2008, 02:25 AM -0700):
I'm experiencing some errors while loading a plugin (in this case the
translate view helper). I'm seeing what appears to be escaped
directory
separators in the include path. Is this somehow related to the
changes in
Zend_Loader_PluginLoader how it handles plugin loading? Here are the
details:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Zend_Loader_PluginLoader_Exception'
with
message 'Plugin by name Translate was not found in the registry;
paths
searched: array ( 'D_View_Helper_' => array ( 0 => 'C:\\Documents and
Settings\\Mijn
documenten\\Projecten\\Workspace\\Wms\\wms\\views\\helpers/', ),
'Zend_View_Helper_' => array ( 0 => 'Zend/View/Helper/', 1 =>
'C:/Documents
and Settings/Mijn
documenten/Projecten/Workspace/Wms/wms/default/views\\helpers/', ), )
The escapes above are because I use var_export to create the message --
which will escape backslashes in strings so they may be evaluated
properly by PHP. So, that's not the issue.

I've just verified problems loading the translate view helper when I
have a custom helper path in place, so I'll continue looking for the
source of the issue.
Actually, I take that back -- the helper was found. However, because I
had display_errors on, I was distracted by the warnings. Now I need to
find out why the warning errors are showing since they should be
suppressed.
Issue was that the version of the incubator was conflicting with the one
in trunk. I've now removed the incubator version, and I'm no longer
seeing the warnings. Please update and verify.

Original include_path:
.;C:\xampp\php\pear\;C:\Documents and Settings\Mijn
documenten\Projecten\Workspace\Zend Framework (Core)\library\;

C:\Documents and Settings\Mijn
documenten\Projecten\Workspace\Framework\library' in C:\Documents and
Settings\Mijn documenten\Projecten\Workspace\Zend Framework
(Core)\library\Zend\Loader\PluginLoader.php:404 Stack trace:
#0 C:\Documents and Settings\Taco\Mijn
documenten\Projecten\Workspace\Zend
Framework (Core)\library\Zend\View\Abstr in C:\Documents and
Settings\Taco\Mijn documenten\Projecten\Workspace\Zend Framework
(Core)\library\Zend\Loader\PluginLoader.php on line 404

Thanks,
TJ.

Matthew Weier O'Phinney-3 wrote:
-- Pieter Kokx <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
(on Saturday, 04 October 2008, 11:12 PM +0200):
Since revision 11629 there are some problems with the PluginLoader
This
is because there were some performance tweaks. Since that
revision, it
is that when you are calling the Zend_Loader_PluginLoader::load()
method, it uses the Zend_Loader::loadFile() method in stead of
just
using require_once. The problem with that is that the
Zend_Loader::loadFile() method is adding the given directories to
the
include path and removing them after the include operation. But
when you
have a relative path that depends on the include path, it won't
work
(then you are adding something like Zend/View/Helper/ to the
include
path). So it doesn't work anymore.

How can we make this work well again?
Pieter, please update to current svn. Since 11666, committed last
night,
things are now working fine. I identified the issue, and have
resolved
it (while keeping the performance improvement).

Well, just make that the PluginLoader doesn't use the
Zend_Loader::loadFile() method and uses its old method with
require_once. Or we should change Zend_Loader::loadFile() so it
will use
the directories correctly and make that that directories can be in
the
include path. Currently we are making a big API break. Even
Zend_View
doesn't work with helpers or filters anymore without re-adding the
path
manualy.

Does anybody else have some other ideas to solve this?
Software Architect       | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Zend Framework           | http://framework.zend.com/