Matthew Weier O'Phinney wrote:
> -- Bruno Friedmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
> (on Sunday, 19 October 2008, 07:30 PM +0200):
>> With the help of ZendStudio, I'm trying to understand why on one
>> application I've got 25/30 req/s and on the second one I've only a
>> 5/5.50 req (1.6.2) or a 7/8.2rqs ( 1.7.0 notice the little change )
>> ( a simple html file is giving a 385rqs and a 404 error page give around a
>> 280/320rqs )
>>
>> The profile result give me a 59% time consume by Layout ( which I
>> doesn't have on the speed app ) and another 12.5% to Translate
>> ( ok I'm using tmx which is not the most speedy thing )
>
> You can save me a little time and effort here by attaching the layout
> script you use, as well as a count of the number of times calls are made
> to translate items. With that information, I can add some information to
> our performance and profiling test suite.

Quickly I'm calling the index controlleur / index view with layout.
html/index.php
-> ZFApplication ( which is the real bootstrap )
-> app/Module/Default
-> /Controller/indexController
        -> Action indexAction
-> Scripts/index/index.phtml

Layout contain
|-- common
|   |-- footer.phtml
|   |-- header.phtml
|   |-- help.phtml
|   `-- menu.phtml
`-- main.phtml

For the index view there's a test
if ( !Zend_Auth::getInstance()->hasIdentity() ):
    // Render login form or logged
    echo $this->action(null, 'login');
   // If we are anonymous

For translation I've a global function __($str) which translate strings.

For the whole projet there's a 945 call to it.

For the index call profiled it's about 24 calls.

I hope this is what you need. Don't Hesitate to ask if you need something.

--

     Bruno Friedmann

Ioda-Net Sàrl
  2830 Vellerat - Switzerland