-- Bruno Friedmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
(on Monday, 20 October 2008, 07:00 AM +0200):
> Matthew Weier O'Phinney wrote:
> > -- Bruno Friedmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
> > (on Sunday, 19 October 2008, 07:30 PM +0200):
> >> With the help of ZendStudio, I'm trying to understand why on one
> >> application I've got 25/30 req/s and on the second one I've only a
> >> 5/5.50 req (1.6.2) or a 7/8.2rqs ( 1.7.0 notice the little change )
> >> ( a simple html file is giving a 385rqs and a 404 error page give around a
> >> 280/320rqs )
> >>
> >> The profile result give me a 59% time consume by Layout ( which I
> >> doesn't have on the speed app ) and another 12.5% to Translate
> >> ( ok I'm using tmx which is not the most speedy thing )
> >
> > You can save me a little time and effort here by attaching the layout
> > script you use, as well as a count of the number of times calls are made
> > to translate items. With that information, I can add some information to
> > our performance and profiling test suite.
> >

> Quickly I'm calling the index controlleur / index view with layout.
> html/index.php
> -> ZFApplication ( which is the real bootstrap )
> -> app/Module/Default
> -> /Controller/indexController
>       -> Action indexAction
> -> Scripts/index/index.phtml
>
> Layout contain
> |-- common
> |   |-- footer.phtml
> |   |-- header.phtml
> |   |-- help.phtml
> |   `-- menu.phtml
> `-- main.phtml
>
> For the index view there's a test
> if ( !Zend_Auth::getInstance()->hasIdentity() ):
>     // Render login form or logged
>     echo $this->action(null, 'login');
>    // If we are anonymous

> For translation I've a global function __($str) which translate strings.
>
> For the whole projet there's a 945 call to it.
>
> For the index call profiled it's about 24 calls.

The above may very well be the culprit, but I'll write a test just to
see.

Can you give the contents of your layout files? I'm curious to see how
you're pulling in content -- if you're using partial(), action(), or
simply render(). I've already identified a bottleneck in partial() that
I'll be working on. Additionally, I typically recommend against action()
because I know already that internally it's expensive; it's cheaper to
create a helper that pulls from the model directly.

Software Architect       | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Zend Framework           | http://framework.zend.com/