Hi Till,

I totally get you that every app is doing something different. However
afaik, there is little info available online about how much memory
sites/apps actually use. I'd love to see a chart or something, going from
html holding page to video cruncher.

When I moved my site to MT and started getting memory alerts, I immediately
assumed My app / ZF was to blame and that 6mb was really high – it was the
first time I had ever considered memory use as an issue (versus page build
time & DB bottlenecks) and had nothing to compare it to.

So I was really suprised to see Wordpress (which I really like btw and think
is pretty solid) was using 10mb+. I guess 10mb is fine for an average blog
type site?