On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 12:08 PM, mothmenace <ultranib...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just got round to testing some other web apps memory use against my Zend
> App that I mentioned before.
>
> I'm using memory_get_usage(true) to test before and after php script,
> although also have Xdebug installed.
>
> My Zend app uses 5-6.5mb without APC, and 2mb with.
> I just tested a default Wordpress install, and it seems to use 10.75mb??
>
> So <6mb should be fine for production right? Does anyone else have any
> figures for their app's memory usage that I could compare too?

My apples look better than your pears. ;-)

With 2MB you have nothing worry about -- at least in the beginning.
You might want to reconsider when you hit 1000 requests/second. All
depends on the amount of resources you can dedicate to your app and it
also depends on what your app does. For example, if you manage to
process a 2GB video with only 2MB -- bravo! :-)

In general, you cannot compare memory usage just like that. The
wordpress might just "do more" then your Zend Framework app and
therefor consume more memory for whatever reason. People's apps
dealing with a different scenario than your's will also reflect a
different usage of memory.

Till