Hi all,

Over the past week Jurrien and I have been pounding on Zend_Feed_Reader (see
the Incubator) to get it completed for Zf 1.9 (hopefully!). The core component
is now considerably stable and we are performing a round of integration tests
on examples of feeds (any type) from the real world to validate the component
and pinpoint areas for improvement.

If anyone wants to assist, can I ask you to forward me any feeds (of any type
at all) that you believe are worth testing (if they are malformed and broken -
all the better!). You can also try out the new component and let us know your
thoughts on the API and it's basic usage. For the next week I'm working on
Zend_Feed_Reader as much as possible so drop a pile of work on me by all means
;).

You should note that Zend_Feed_Reader is now completely separate from
Zend_Feed. We have decided to lose the Zend_Feed dependency in favour of
homegrown code given its behaviour drifts over time which would force us to
complicate ZFR a bit too much for comfort.

As a quick refresher - ZFR was proposed to implement a component capable of
interpreting RSS/RDF/Atom. As a result, the API is very light and it's designed
to search for the requested data across all possible alternative tags and
elements existing the standards. This contrasts with Zend_Feed which requires
you manually write such an interpretive layer yourself. Once the initial core
is released, we'll be moving onto to adding a plugin interface for RSS/Atom
extensions to make using this even more beneficial.

Best regards,

Paddy

 Pádraic Brady

http://blog.astrumfutura.com
http://www.survivethedeepend.com
OpenID Europe Foundation Irish Representative