-- Mary Nicole Hicks <webmas...@marynicolehicks.com> wrote
(on Thursday, 09 July 2009, 08:56 PM -0700):
> I have found that Zend Framework is brilliant, but there are some parts of a
> website that are just boring to implement. Take login and registration forms
> for example. I am sure that 80% are very similar.
>
> I think that the Zend framework team needs to add a registry of 3rd party ZF
> modules to their site. Just something similar to
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/ would do the job. The url could be
> something like http://framework.zend.com/modules. The 3rd party modules
> would not have to be hosted on framework.zend.com, but could be hosted
> anywhere like http://sourceforge.net/. There could also be rules such as
> only allowing free open source modules.
>
> The benefit of this sort of project is that it would foster a stronger user
> community around the framework.zend.com site.

We've discussed this a number of times, and we're all for it. However,
the ZF team at Zend is very small -- myself and two engineers, presently
-- and we're fairly busy as it is working on the maintenance and
features of the framework. Something like addons.mozilla.org would be
nice -- but I also know that a fair bit of time went into developing
that application.

So, hint, hint -- if somebody or a group of you would like to work on
such an application, we may be able to host it on the ZF site, and give
credit to the authors. We would, of course, like to provide some input
as to the specifications, but otherwise... :)

Project Lead            | matt...@zend.com
Zend Framework          | http://framework.zend.com/