Hi,

Matthew Weier O'Phinney schrieb:
> So, hint, hint -- if somebody or a group of you would like to work on
> such an application, we may be able to host it on the ZF site, and give
> credit to the authors. We would, of course, like to provide some input
> as to the specifications, but otherwise... :)

I guess as long as we still suffer from the absence of standards
regarding self-contained modules, this would rather lead to confusion
than to a big success.

I think most developers would expect to have the option to download and
to easily integrate some typical modules like Auth, ACL etc - and they
would be quickly frustrated if the modules - due to the lack of
standardization - would not work the way like Firefox plug-ins do.

Don't get me wrong: I don't expect the ambitious developer not to see
that it is always difficult to incorporate other people's work, but I
really think that for a newcomer such a site at the current stage would
be rather counter-productive as it induces some wrong expectations.

First we need to have some best practices like we discussed them before
- then it would be a joy to code such modules and certainly a big leap
forward for ZF to a wider user base.

Just my two cents. :)

--
Cheers,                        \\|//