Don't underestimate yourself :-) We are always happy for any help
and ralph would probably mentor you through the process if you would
dedicate yourself to implementing this (and he hasn't started yet).

If you seperate the Provider and the actual deletion, you can probably get
this working by writing some tests for all the possible cases you can up
with without too many problems.

You should check out the Trunk documentation on Writing Providers it got
several updates that should help you with some of the details on how
to write a provider. I am thinking about updating it further to include
details on the Project specific provider options.

Anyhow, if you ask on IRC #zftalk.dev you probably get all the details
you need much faster on how you can help.

greets,
Benjamin