I've setup internal DNS servers that just handle the local domains,
and put them higher up in preference on the machines. On windows
there's a little gui in the networking -> tcp/ip tab, I think you
could do the same on mac/linux by editing the resolve.conf file ...
been a while though since I did something like this.

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 7:11 AM, Paul <z...@zooluserver.com> wrote:

> On 8/14/2010 10:40 AM, Rob Allen wrote:

>>> So dev1 corresponds to a one developer?  So each developer's local
>>> webserver(s) is available via the network.
>>
> How are you resolving dev1.local to each developers local machine?
>
>> Yes, that's right.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Rob...

Mark Steudel