Hi Mike,

thanks for your comments.

> Where are you enabling Dojo - in a bootstrap?

I have a controller plugin for setting up the view. In the
dispatchLoopStartup() I have the following lines:

        Zend_Dojo::enableView($view);
        $view->dojo()->enable();
        $view->dojo()->setDjConfigOption('parseOnLoad', false);

So, I am actually setting parseOnLoad to false. I added the line the
last days when I was fighting around these problems. I need this
otherwise the blank screens are back.

And yes, you are right, I see all the XHR stuff in Firebug. For example,
one page needs about 13 seconds to load, and the 70 requests for XHR use
11 seconds of this. This is really annoying for loading a page the first
time. If the page is loaded from the browser cache it is much quicker.

Any further advice would really be appreciated.

Thanks and best regards,

Ralf