Hi Andreas,

I personally have now problems with that full stop. But there is another
issue which makes the messages translations useless currently.

https://github.com/zendframework/zf2/issues/2536

For example look at this file at the text for Alpha::NOT_ALPHA:

https://github.com/localheinz/zf2/blob/54fdd82023366f5d02600a38da4b8ec1f02e2939/library/Zend/I18n/Validator/Alpha.php#L38

> The input contains non alphabetic characters.

And then look at the translation for the same text:

https://github.com/localheinz/zf2/blob/54fdd82023366f5d02600a38da4b8ec1f02e2939/resources/languages/de/Zend_Validate.php#L31

> '%value%' contains non alphabetic characters.

There are a lot of these messages in the translation files which are out
of date and which are still using a phrase like '%value%' while the
message uses 'The input' already.

So your full stops does not brake anything that is not already broken.

By the way, the englisch translation file is up to date:

https://github.com/localheinz/zf2/blob/54fdd82023366f5d02600a38da4b8ec1f02e2939/resources/languages/en/Zend_Validate.php#L31

Regards,

Ralf