On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 7:42 AM, Andreas Möller <a...@softe.is> wrote:
>>> Seems that the translation files need a big update, then, in the first
>>> place. I'll have a look into this later.
>>
>> Yep. Would be great if youn could sort that out. Anyway, why is the file
>> called Zend_Validate.php and not Zend_Validator.php?
>
> Good question - I guess that's a remainder from porting from ZF1.
>
> The names of the old ZF1 classes are used throughout the translation files in
> the comments as well.

I have an idea:

* Create new files named "Zend_Validator.php"
* Update the translation strings in these new files

This would keep BC for those currently using them, and we can put in
the documentation the names of the new files. Since the old files are
basically broken anyways, this would provide a migration path, and
also allow us to improve them (adding full stops, fixing grammar,
etc.).

Thoughts?

Project Lead            | matt...@zend.com
Zend Framework          | http://framework.zend.com/