Hi Matthew

>This is very odd; literally the only change in 2.2 (and I think it was
>in 2.1.5 as well) was this one:
>https://github.com/zendframework/zf2/pull/3996

>In looking at your examples, one thing leaps to mind: the template
>names typically should not have a suffix applied, as the resolver will
>add that for you. Have you tried using just the names
>"layout/layouthome", "facet.basic", etc?

Thanks for your response and sorry for my delayed answer.

It seems it has definitely something to do with the naming of some of our
templates. Only some of our templates contain a dot in their name e.g.
'layout/layout.home' which is set by the controller in the homeAction

$this->layout()->setTemplate('layout/layout.home');

Changing the name of the template to  'layout/layouthome' works fine.

Other examples are sub-templates we are calling during the rendering of
parent-templates e.g.

    <?=$this->render($this->tabTemplate('search/sidebar/facet.checkbox',
$this->activeTabKey), array(
        'results'               => $results,
        'checkboxFilters'=> $checkboxFilters
    ));?>

which doesn't work with version 2.2.0

whereas
    <?=$this->render($this->tabTemplate('search/sidebar/facetcheckbox',
$this->activeTabKey), array(
        'results'               => $results,
        'checkboxFilters'=> $checkboxFilters
    ));?>

is ok with version 2.2.0.
Seems we have to rename the templates containing a dot
I have to confess I don't understand entirely the changes in
https://github.com/zendframework/zf2/pull/3996
getting active with the last version .

Best wishes
Günter