On Mon, 25 Mar 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> En op 20 maart 2002 sprak Ronald J Kimball:
> > I say create a new Perl Golf list, especially for the involved
> > discussion of golf tournaments.
>
> Erm, excuse my ignorance, by I have no idea how all these Perl
> mailing lists work. I know Mark 'Doc' Rogaski has kindly
> set up [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

> I just subscribed to this list and it looks quite good.
>
> But is this the "official" perl-golf mailing list?
> Or is Ronald or someone else going to create a new
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] and change the charter of [EMAIL PROTECTED]?
>
> And who is responsible for updating http://lists.perl.org/?

I tried to read the archives at http://vorpal.jabberwock.org/pipermail/pga/
but I got 404'ed.

I agree that there should be a separate golf list. But I also agree that
(although it was kind of Mark to set up a list) it would be better if it
were an official @perl.org list.

I wonder if it's possible to import any discussion to date into the archives
of a perl.org list, and transfer the list of subscribers etc.?

--
Stephen Turner, Cambridge, UK    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/adelie/stephen/
"This is Henman's 8th Wimbledon, and he's only lost 7 matches." BBC, 2/Jul/01