En op 25 maart 2002 sprak Mark 'Doc' Rogaski:
> The archives won't start until someone actually posts something.

Yep, the archives are up now.

En op 25 maart 2002 sprak Stephen Turner:
:
: I agree that there should be a separate golf list. But I also agree that
: (although it was kind of Mark to set up a list) it would be better if it
: were an official @perl.org list.
:
: I wonder if it's possible to import any discussion to date into the
: archives of a perl.org list, and transfer the list of subscribers etc.?

En op 25 maart 2002 sprak Mark 'Doc' Rogaski:
> If someone sets up a list that everyone feels is under a more appropriate
> domain, I will forward the subscriber list to the admin (or I can act as
> the admin should no one else wants to).  I don't see any reason to move
> things about, however.

RJK> I just remembered that there is already a [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list.
:)
RJK> It was created to plan and organize the Perl Golf Apocalypse at TPC 4.
RJK> Perhaps Uri would be willing to open it up for general use.

uri> sure, take it over. i think ask controls it but it should be easy
uri> for him to make it public. in fact i don't even think it was private,
uri> just we didn't publicize it. just try to subscribe to it
uri> ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) and see what happens. :)

I just subscribed to it, sent a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED], and got
a nice response from Uri. :) Everything seemed to work nicely.
Not sure about historical archives, however.

To be honest, I really like both lists! Both are devoid of any
fatuous in-your-face advertising (which I detest). Doc's list seems
a little more polished; on the other hand, [EMAIL PROTECTED] is perhaps
a more prestigious address. I would prefer one list only, however,
to avoid fragmenting the Perl golf community. So long as
http://lists.perl.org/ points to the one and only golf list,
it does not matter to me which one we choose.

/-\ndrew