Kathleen Wittenberg on 7/18/01 12:39 PM wrote:

> PowerLogix has been selling Wallstreet upgrades for quite some time now.
> Small Dog has the Blue Chip 466 mhz upgrade for $249 during MacWorld NY
> and the 500mhz upgrade for $579.

Yeah I knew that but I'm a big fan of Sonnet (have one in a 7100 & 8100 and
did a PB1400 which I've sold). Besides, at $399 it's $180 less than
PowerLogix and seeing as I'm poor, I can wait for the release.

I know a fellow (a Mac tech) who had the 466MHz PowerLogix and while he said
it was faster he didn't see a huge leap over his 233MHz Wallstreet. Plus he
said that it wouldn't support over 256MB RAM. He actually had to remove
memory to get it to work. Poor guy had to sell it and buy a PowerBook G4
(tiny violins).

I would guess PowerLogix will come down when Sonnet releases though.

-makmac