Then makmac on 7/18/01 4:07 PM wrote:

> Good question, I'll call and ask him.

I asked him. There are two reasons. One, it was a 300MHz Wallstreet (my
mistake). Two, he says he bought it to run OSX and he wanted all the RAM he
could get.

Since he was limited by RAM and speed, along with the fact that he has more
money than patience, he sold the Wallstreet and promptly bought a G4
Titanium (to compliment his new iBook). The poor fellow suffers so... ;^)

> Your question got me to thinking. Why does PowerLogix 500MHz cost over twice
> as much (at $579) as it's 466MHz (at $249)? Perhaps that little 34MHz boost
> provides a much more substantial increase that one might suspect.

Well, per someone else's post, this is now a mute point since the price is
dropping to $399. No doubt they saw Sonnet's press release.

-makmac