Toast Titanium 5.1 updater DID disable those extensions, really, it did!  It
left the disc burner extension enabled though and have turned that off,
which has not helped the situation.

I've now down a diagnostic clean install and the ASP still shows nothing.

I've yet to try it on another machine, or test the FW ports with other
devices, but I haven't the time to do that just yet...  It looks like I've
run out of options until then
Thanks to all for your help,
Sam

* Gene Merritt wrote at 7/4/02 1:44 AM...

  CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.