Hello,
Make sure to consider what you want to do with your photos.  If you plan to
make prints, you'll want to get the best resolution you can for your money.
I use mine solely for sending via email or to use on web pages.  I got the
low-end Sony (DSC-20, I think), and it's been great.  It has a USB cable to
connect it directly to my iBook.  Since I have OS X and iPhoto, as soon as I
plug in the cable, iPhoto fires up and is ready to go.  The LCD screen on
the cam is among the best I've seen.  Even friends with more expensive
digital cameras like the screen on mine better than their own.

Like another poster said, FireWire still cams are a rarity and is usually
reserved for digital video cams.  However you can get a FireWire digital
video cam with the ability to take still photos.

Have fun,
Philip

  CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.