From: G-Books [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Laurent
Daudelin
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2002 1:36 PM
To: G-Books
Subject: Re: G3 powerbook

On 19/04/02 03:03, "dominic" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What I was asking is there are certain desktops, PowerBooks that have
> been plagued with problems, so what I wanted to know is if I choose
> the g3/300 or the 292 as you mentioned will it be a good stable
> machine or are there potential problems that ill have to deal with.

The only problems with those are the screen hinges that are flawed and
give up after a few years of use, and the Power Management Unit which
seems to go south very often. I would say that a Wallstreet screen that
has over an inch of "looseness" when you move it back and forth is
probably approaching a breakout of the hinges. Once one of the hinge
breaks, you need to avoid opening or closing the lid because the broken
hinge can damage the flat display cable, which would make the repair
more expensive. PowerBook Parts <http://www.pbparts.com> offers nice
parts for these problems at good reasonable prices.

Other than that, they are strongly built laptop. Much more sturdy than
the Pismo line, for instance.

-Laurent.

  CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.