On Friday, April 19, 2002, at 07:39  PM, Douglas Taylor wrote:

> I'm trying to get my iMac (rev. D) and my iBook (Indigo) to make a small
> TCP/IP intranet.  I've configured each of them to do TCP/IP via
> ethernet,
> given them IPs and set the subnets.
>
> The iBook (OS 9.1) does okay, but the iMac (OS 8.6) won't cooperate.
> System
> Profiler shows that TCP/IP is active on both computers, but only the
> iBook
> shows an IP address and netmask.
>
> I'd be grateful for advice on this,

Without more information, trying to answer this would be shooting in the
dark.

How are you configuring TCP/IP on each machine? DHCP? Manual? If Manual,
what IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Router address? How can tell that the
iBook does OK? What is it you're trying to do on this network;
filesharing? internet connection sharing? something else all together?

  CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.