On 4/20/02 4:21 PM, "(G-Books)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Apparently most/all Digital cameras have lag time after the shot. I
> have tried many at CompUSA and Circuit City and they all had lag
> after shooting.
>
> The lag times are even parts of the review process on web sites now.
>
> Do you have one that doesn't have any lag after shooting?
>
> Aron

I am no professional photographer, but in my experience with the common
household film camera...every one that I have owned has a lag time that is
no more/less than my digital I use now. Even  conventional cameras have to
wait for the charging capacitors to charge up for the flash. If I turn the
flash off of my digital (HP Photosmart 318) I can shoot, and shoot and shoot
without worrying about any lag time. I have no use for taking 5 pictures in
one second, so I can't gauge THAT type of lag. 1/100th, 1/1000, 1/12000
shutter...means nothing to me, nor will it ever unless I take photography up
as my job. If that ever happens, then I will rethink my opinions.

Of course I normally shoot at the lowest quality setting for easy
transmittal over email to family., so that has an effect I am sure. When I
bump up the quality..there is more lag as it writes it to the CF I am sure.

I have left the film roll for the digital as my common household camera, and
I will never go back.

Walt
--
Bill Gates house was designed on a Macintosh.

  CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.