Walter R Basil wrote:

> Of course I normally shoot at the lowest quality setting for easy
> transmittal over email to family., so that has an effect I am sure. When I
> bump up the quality..there is more lag as it writes it to the CF I am sure.

Yeah, I just tested this with my Epson (PhotoPC 650) 1.3 MP camera. At
lowet quality (640 x 480 jpeg) it took about a second and a half from
shutterpress to shutterpress. At highest quality (1152x864) it took
about 7 seconds. This is, however, with a relaitively slow Lexar CF card
(4x). Lexar sells 12X in their pro series now which would shorten the
time. The 8mb card that cae with the camera is faster, but the 4X one
was cheap when I got it, for an 80 mb card (It's nice looking at the
number of shots I can take on that one: 300 at fine quality, which is
indistiguishable, mostly, from the highest quality.)

Also, my Epson is pretty old and slow as far as digital cameras go. A
Nikon Coolpix I recently used was considerably faster.

Bruce

  CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.