I have been able to swap batteries while asleep.  I don't do it often,
but I haven't had a problem doing it.

There is of course, a faster drain on the battery with a gig of ram.
But, I still get around 6 hours of use with dual batteries.

Erick

  CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.