On 24/04/02 04:52, "Andrew Linggar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'd like to transfer file between my PowerBook G3/500 and PeeCee notebook via
> infrared. How does
> it work ? thanks.

It won't work. You need some kind of software to transfer the files. Having
infrared on both laptop is just part of the solution. AFAIK, you would need
to be able to access the peecee drive from the PowerBook, or the other way
around. In order to access the drive of the other laptop, you need something
to enable file sharing. I know that there is software on the PeeCee that
will let them access AppleShare drives (like when you enable file sharing on
your PowerBook), but I don't know what they are and whether they would work
over IrDA. Depending on the OS on your peecee, there is also software for
the Mac that will let you access Windows shares. In OS X, I'm using Sharity,
but there is also Dave from Thursby Software. Again, I've never tried to use
them over IrDA...

-Laurent.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]             Washington, DC, USA
elder days n.: The heroic age of hackerdom (roughly, pre-1980); the era of
the PDP-10, TECO, ITS, and the ARPANET. This term has been rather
consciously adopted from J. R. R. Tolkien's fantasy epic "The Lord of the
Rings". Compare Iron Age; see also elvish and Great Worm.

  CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.