On this service manual topic, from time to time I see a cd on sale on
eBay  that claims to be THE service manual in digital form that is used
by Apple service techs for repair and diagnosis of problems. Is this for
real? I've considered bidding, just to read through it and give myself
( a computer novice with a 500 mhz Pismo) some sense of the hardware.
Would anyone recommend this? I've never so much as attempted to install
memory, but I'm wondering if such a cd would actually contain text and
images explaining the inner workings of macs. The description lists
practically all macs
as being included on the cd.
Donald

  CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.