In a message dated 4/25/02 11:43:10 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< I would like to see Apple doing some productivity advertising, instead of
doing the cute things they are showing here in the Mid West, which makes
most people think Mac's are for play and PC's are for work. >>

As a marketing professional, I've been concerned for YEARS about Apple's
advertising. I wish someone in their marketing department would wake up to
the fact that Macintosh users are their biggest untapped advertising material
source... that Macintosh users are serious professionals who use Macintosh
because it's a serious productivity machine.

There are TONS of ways to show this without being boring... and without being
overly cute (eg, their iPod commercials with the dorky head shaker) or overly
artsy (eg, practically ANY of their Mac commercials focusing on design). If
viewers saw just how fantastic a productivity machine is, sales would reflect
increased interest. As it is, only those who are either already infatuated by
Macs, or who think they "look cool" are willing to brave that extra hit of $$
that marks the gap in pricing.

JMHO.....

RLM

  CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.