on 25/04/02 23:51, [EMAIL PROTECTED] at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> In a message dated 4/25/02 11:43:10 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> << I would like to see Apple doing some productivity advertising, instead of
> doing the cute things they are showing here in the Mid West, which makes
> most people think Mac's are for play and PC's are for work. >>
>
> As a marketing professional, I've been concerned for YEARS about Apple's
> advertising. I wish someone in their marketing department would wake up to
> the fact that Macintosh users are their biggest untapped advertising material
> source... that Macintosh users are serious professionals who use Macintosh
> because it's a serious productivity machine.
>
> There are TONS of ways to show this without being boring... and without being
> overly cute (eg, their iPod commercials with the dorky head shaker) or overly
> artsy (eg, practically ANY of their Mac commercials focusing on design). If
> viewers saw just how fantastic a productivity machine is, sales would reflect
> increased interest. As it is, only those who are either already infatuated by
> Macs, or who think they "look cool" are willing to brave that extra hit of $$
> that marks the gap in pricing.

Not that I want to steer off-topic, but I have seen times and times again
people put in front of the superior productivity factor of the Mac and
still, they get a Winblows box. Sometimes, that defies any logic... You
know, people sometimes really look like in the "Lemmings" commercial. It's
easy to understand why Apple had this commercial.

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software         mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

coaster n.: 1. Unuseable CD produced during failed attempt at writing to
writeable or re-writeable CD media. Certainly related to the coaster-like
shape of a CD, and the relative value of these failures. "I made a lot of
coasters before I got a good CD." 2. Useless CDs received in the mail from
the likes of AOL, MSN, CI$, Prodigy, ad nauseam.

  CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.