The problem seems to be that the screw holes are not in the same place as
the original expansion bay drive (there ais one on the top, one on the side
and one on the bottom in the  center instead of two on top and one on the
side (the only one that lines up) as per the original) face plate. That
seems to put the plate off kilter some what and thus the drive tray seems to
stick, plus the center screw tab (on the original) has no place to go on the
330 and I don't really want to eliminate it completely in case I put it back
on the old drive.

I can certainly use one of my Pismo drives, as they do change out very
easily and see if that it the problem, but I still thing it is physical
incompatibility of the face plate for the most part.

The 330 seems to be mechanical in stead of electrical, since it clicks two
times before it does anything, while my original drive doesn't have the
clicking sound.

As I said before, it works (Full music CD at 8x on a CD-RW and it plays
back), which gives me a very portable burner that I paid $130 for. It is
much easier to carry around than any of the external burners I have seen and
has no cord of any kind.

Tom