>YOu have to be a registered Apple tech to get them now
>as they are pass coded and have been umm for a month
>or so. These are no for the general public and apple
>changes the FTP about once a month or so and have pass
>coded them from public view so unless you are a Apple
>tech you can no longer get them and if i did know a
>way to do so i can not tell since any leaks get shut
>down within 24 hours from this posting
>thanks
>James
Not quite. Apple made available the full Service Source CDs commercially
available a year or so back for a few hundred bucks the set. They're
freely available on ebay and elsewhere. What they were doing was widening
the availability of Apple-knowledgeable techs, who did Mac repairs, but
were never going to bother to become certified techs (I've seen the
exams, they're damn difficult! You really have to be a hardware engineer
- Kyle, are you one?).

 I had a buddy a while back (now back in the US) who was a CS and Elec
Eng graduate and a cert tech with a v. strong embedded HW background. He
left Apple tech 'cos it was "too boring" and he preferred surface
mounting ICs to see what would happen when he soldered them all together
and gave it 240 volts of juice. He also clocked his PB 5300 bus to 40Mhz
with a soldering iron, while holding a milk shake in one hand and a hot
dog in the other. Not a bad effort.

Cheers,

RD

Remy Davison
Contributing Editor/News Editor, Insanely-Great Mac
<http://www.insanely-great.com> mail: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
RD's PowerBook page: <http://www.macpowerbook.com>