I started this and I disagree with the statement bellow, at least for me. I
find the exploded view extremely valuable, as well as the detailed take
apart instructons in  most of the service manuals I have for my computers,
especially the laptops. I certainly am not going to spend more than I could
to purchase one of my older laptops for (280c/2300c) to have a technican do
what I can do on them with the help of the manuals in this discussion.

That said, I did get an extremely detailed (in color) instruction on how to
replace the Hard Drive in the iBook Clam Shell I wanted to work on, and have
decided to pass on the project due to it's complexity and the time involved
in getting it done. My daughter will have to learn to live with the 3 Gig
drive that is in there and use an external drive for her MP3's.

Thanks to all that helped me get access to the information I needed!

Tom