>Looks like my warranty is out for my Linksys.
>
>I'm looking at D-Link products. They have products that they label as
>"gateways" and others as "routers". What's the difference?

Gateways just move packets between networks, Router can redirect
packets to specific places. Most routers also can act as a firewall
defending your home network against hackers and script kiddies. You
want a router that can do NAT. Also, from what I am hearing from some
of my buddies, I would avoid the Dlinks like the plague. Very
difficult to setup. Try looking at a few of the other routers below.

Router Suggestions.

Linksys BEFW11S4 Wireless access point and router and 4 port hub
http://www.linksys.com/Products/product.asp?grid=23&prid=173

Can be found for around $150 plus shipping. Check  http://www.pricewatch.com

I installed this yesterday for a client. Had it up and running on a
DSL connection in under 10 minutes. Uses a web interface for
administration.

Personally, I use an SMC SMC7004AWBR wireless broadband router. But,
I'm not sure the current version will pass Appletalk protocol.

I noticed yesterday  the Netgear wireless router for around $130 at
the following site.
http://www.computers4sure.com/product.asp?productid=282645&iid=939
ground shipping is $2.50.

Lee