I'm not sure I understand either. It felt like he accidently let this
claim slip, given his body language and furtive gestures and expression
when I asked him to explain. I was shopping around for my first mac and
decided to go with a portable. (I've since added an iMac)
I had done my research and had just about all the specs down for all of
Apple's new portables and was on the fence between a used Pismo and a
new model. In the store, the sales rep answered my questions about the
Titanium. At one point he became really enthused about the iceBook 12"
and called it "my 'Book". He used a 12" himself and seemed to have a lot
of loyalty to it for some reason. I was incredulous when he said the 12"
ran better than the 14". I asked why and couldn't make sense of his
statement, other than thinking that something in the current model's
manufacture might make the 14" less reliable for some reason. His
colleagues were nearby when I pressed him for a reason and he began to
register a look on his face that was almost conspiratorial, as if he
couldn't let them hear him voice his reasoning. Maybe he was just weird
but you would think he'd push the more expensive 14" on a customer...he
also seemed to steer me away from the TiBooks and toward the 12". Go
figure.
Would an AppleStore give certain sales people incentives to sell certain
models? That doesn't make sense to me. Maybe he just sized me up as an
unsophisticated user and thought I should go with an entry model
portable.
Me, I would try to persuade every shopper to buy a Titanium if they were
at all open to it. Even just for word processing. I am living happily
with my Pismo, however.
Donald