Long live the Pismo! One of the most interesting PowerBooks ever
produced and now with the possibility of G4 AltiVec capabilities!
I'm holding off on the G4 upgrade but will benefit from the experience
of others here when my time comes.
I have a 500mhz, so I won't gain much there and I still have warranty
left on mine which I wouldn't want to violate.
What are the chances of this upgrade boosting speed up to something
above 500mhz? Is it do-able
  with the architecture of the Pismo? Could we see G4 700/800 mhz
upgrades for Pismos or could they not handle it?
Looks like these most beautiful and versatile of PowerBooks will remain
serious contenders for the forseeable future.
Donald
Anyone know how the iBook 466mhz generation has fared with ugrades? Up
to G4?