I have 192mb of memory in my Pismo. In wanting to use Virtual PC
more, OS X in the horizon, and ram prices relatively cheap today, I
was planning on upgrading.

However, I've heard that if you increase the ram too much (say above
512mb) that you could be susceptible to losing data. True?

What is recommended amount of memory to avoid this issue? I would
like to install as much memory as I can. Mostly only doing word
processing, IE browsing, imovie, virtual pc 5.0, and very light
graphics stuff.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Mike