On 24/06/02 14:51, "Michael J. Granado" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have 192mb of memory in my Pismo. In wanting to use Virtual PC
> more, OS X in the horizon, and ram prices relatively cheap today, I
> was planning on upgrading.
>
> However, I've heard that if you increase the ram too much (say above
> 512mb) that you could be susceptible to losing data. True?

It depends. What I've read is that if you have above 512MB, if you try to
swap your battery while the adapter isn't plugged, you might loose
everything because the computer will not have enough power to keep the
memory powered during the time you're doing the swap.

-Laurent.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]                   Washington, DC, USA
drone n.: Ignorant sales or customer service personnel in computer or
electronics superstores. Characterized by a lack of even superficial
knowledge about the products they sell, yet possessed of the conviction that
they are more competent than their hacker customers. Usage: "That video
board probably sucks, it was recommended by a drone at Fry's" In the year
2000, their natural habitats include Fry's Electronics, Best Buy, and
CompUSA.