This is a smidge off topic, but I'm having the problem
on a Pismo 400 so maybe one of you folks can help me.

I recently re-partitioned and re-installed OS X on my
laptop. I started from 10.0.3, upgraded to 10.1 then
did the slew of OS and security updates to get it
fully up to date. Reinstalled my various software
packages... etc... then I noticed something
peculiar...
>From the Apple Menu I am no longer able to launch the
dock or network preferences from their nested
locations in the dock and location sub menus,
respectively.
The System Preferences option under the Apple Menu
works fine though. I also noticed that this inability
to be launched also affected the "Displays" menu bar
icon, I'm no longer able to launch the associated
preference pane from it. All of the other controls and
whatnot work just fine, I just can't get into their
System Preferences without manually opening them.

I ran the usual litany of utilities, the latest
versions of Norton, DiskWarrior, TechTool, etc...
booted into single user mode and ran fsck, nothing out
of the ordinary and no fix to the problem. On a whim,
I tried out the haxie Fruit Menu, but that didn't
restore functionality either.

Is there some sort of file or preference that controls
the apple and display menus?

thanks in advance for any help. =)