Does anybody here use the ReelEyes software with the CapSure PCMCIA card? I
gave it a shot tonight, in OS 9 since the card isn't recognized under OS X
(bummer!) and was disappointed. I think it had to do with the fact that the
software seems to be partially disabled if you don't register, or at least
enter the code. I've read in an article on the web that if you buy the
CapSure card, you get ReelEyes free, which is usually $39.99. Now, I didn't
buy this CapSure brand new, as you probably imagined, but I don't remember
seeing anything in the box that would look like a code to register ReelEyes.

The reason I'm asking is that I've got pretty bad performance on my
PowerBook G3 Pismo under OS 9.2.2. The best I could get when capturing at
640 x 480 was about 8 fps. I then did give a try to BTV, the "light" version
and there, also using the CapSure, I was able to capture at 29.97 fps at 640
x 480. The only gotcha is that, for some reason, maybe because the software
hasn't been registered yet, is that no matter what video and audio settings
I would choose, the app would always revert to some kind of default values,
namely Component with "best" quality and the sound to MACE3:1 and 44.1 Khz.

So, what I'm wondering is, would there be anybody that would know where I
could get a registration code? IRez doesn't provide ReelEyes anymore since
quite some time, and they won't sell it to me.

Does anybody is using BTV as well? Any idea why the video and audio settings
always revert to this kind of default values?

Thanks in advance!

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin                            <http://members.cox.net/nemesys>
Logiciels Nemesys Software                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

geek n.: A person who has chosen concentration rather than conformity; one
who pursues skill (especially technical skill) and imagination, not
mainstream social acceptance. Geeks usually have a strong case of neophilia.
Most geeks are adept with computers and treat hacker as a term of respect,
but not all are hackers themselves - and some who are in fact hackers
normally call themselves geeks anyway, because they (quite properly) regard
`hacker' as a label that should be bestowed by others rather than
self-assumed.