On 7/17/02 10:22 PM, Michael Bryan Bell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> 1. microsoft has only sold 300,000 copies of officeX
>
> 2. many of those copies were bought for .doc, .xls and powerpoint
> compatibility.
>
> 3. many of the corporate mac users are still stuck using outlook 2001 in
> classic for their email as entourageX doesn't support it.
>
> 4. out of the ones who use entourage with a palm, many aren't on email
> lists.
>
> 5. of those who are, many aren't on this =particular= email list.
>
> 6. steve jobs has said he hates "those scribbly things", and as a good mac
> user you should too. ;)
>
> It's a big to-do over on the entourage mailing list though, I can give you
> the address if you want offlist. By big to-do I mean a few digests full of
> bets as to whether or not it would actually ship on the 15th, and they're
> getting incredible mileage out of the nasty interchanges going on between
> apple and MS over office's sales.
>
> MS: "apple hasn't done enough to push OSX! if this keeps up we'll have to
> reevaluate our development efforts big time! We haven't even sold half of
> what we expected!"
>
> Apple: "Well, it might have something to do with the fact that it costs
> $499...."
>
> MS: "Tastes great!"
>
> Apple: "less filling!"

I guess I break all the rules then... :)

Not to argue with you, but to make observations.

1. They may have only sold 300,000 copies, but I would bet my next paycheck
that that there are at least three times that amount being used from piracy,
due in part to their high price. Maybe It's different in everyone else's
circle of friends, but of all the people I know that use computers (and
there are dozens) - and I mean really know - all have Office (for either
Windows or Mac) and the latest version of Office I might add, and none of
them have paid for it. They either steal it from work or "borrow" it from a
friend. I am the only one that I know of (personally) that buys my software.

2. I had one more reason - Entourage. I would say that is what caused me to
"rush" out and buy it.

3. I use Entourage X for my corporate email. It works just fine for the
email (we don't use it for scheduling). Contacts I can really do without
since I have all the email addresses I really need.

4. Guess I am the exception to this.

5. And again.

6. I can't help but to just loooove those "scribbly things." Steve is just
mad because he didn't think of it, I think. I still have my Newton MP 130
sitting around...but my Palm is much more productive *for me*.

The entrance price is rather high, although they are pretty liberal with
their upgrade policy. Which the more I think about it, should be because you
get charged almost the same price as office if you just buy one of the
components.

--
For Sale: Taliban rifle. Never fired. Dropped once.