> From: Ryan Coleman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> So, I just called FirstTech in Minneapolis. They will send it to
> apple to have it replaced. 24-48 hours is the current turn-around
> time. Hopefully my roommate will give me a ride to Uptown to do it
> today. I could take the bus, but it is so gosh-darned humid out. UGH.
> I am going to conserve battery now and use his gateway to do all my
> sites. Wish me luck! (luck <g>).

Ryan,

All the best from me. When I figured that the power adapter was broken, I
had only 10 minutes battery left. The TiBook is my preferred working tool
and I did not want to cope without it - not even for 48h (so I paid $80
bucks for the new adapter-see prev. post).
I feel they should give you a working adapter in exchange for the broken one
right away, especially within the warranty time (since they are most likely
going to replace yours anyway - check the serial nr).
So you have my full sympathy and I hope you get the ride and your adapter
back in 'no' time.