My iBook screen is perfectly clear, but has ALWAYS (since purchase)
translated to a fuzzy, barely readable image through the AV Out onto
a TV screen or through a digital projector. However, a DVD plays
quite clearly through AV Out, so I guess the cable is OK. Happens
under OS 9.2 as well as OS X.  Anyone know what the problem is here?

It is weird to have the blurry DVD Player controls on the TV or
projection screen when the movie itself is quite clear.

Ian