and Thomas wrote:
>It could also be that your iBook is sending a signal more than the TV can
>handle.  If the iBook is set to 800x600 the TV is made for 640x480.  So try
>setting the iBook to 640x480.

Thanks guys, but ...
Any idea why my video quality is so low Eugene, when the DVD output
through the same port, to the TV or projector, is perfect?
Changing to 640 x 480 doesn't help Thomas, things are just larger and fuzzy?

I gotta say that I have had this iBook for a couple of years and I
noticed the poor Video Out quality when I first connected it to my TV
to play Myst: Exile.  Thought it was just "shitty" TV resolution.
But the other day I borrowed this projector for a presentation, which
needless to say I couldn't give.  Another projector produced the same
result. Soooooo ... I figured it must be the computer's poor quality
output, not the TV or projector.  You wouldn't expect poor quality
video output on an iBook which must be used all over the world for
presentations!  My PC buddies are laughing and derisively pointing at
my iBook.  I HATE THAT!!

Any more ideas?