Hello once again,
Thank you to all for the advice.  I simply have the router spoofing
my mac's MAC address and I'm off and running.  Now, finally, my Pismo
is unshackled!
For those of you who have .edu connections, or are even near a
University, I picked up this router for $50 at our student book
store, and didn't even have to show an ID.
It has four 10/100 ports in addition to the wireless.  it's been
superseded by the next great thing, I believe, but is still a pretty
versatile little box, and has 128 bit WEP if you like.
Once again, it's a Netgear MR314.
Best to all,
Joel

--