Short answer, do a clean install and install only the things you need.
Restore old extensions afterwards only if you know they'll work in
10.2. Purrs on a Pismo 400.

Now the long one:
 From my experience which so far I'm only 1 and 1 with Jaguar installs
and no problems. I've installed on my Pismo and on an iLamp. The Pizz
install went like silk. IMHO its a bit faster, not terribly though, I
think Apple just added some better "wait-a-minute graphics" this time
around that make it seem faster when the system has to think about
things. My best advice would be to get proactive with it and don't just
settle for the easy install. Jag gives better ways move files around
and a more nearly OS 9-like way of administering your system, only more
secure this time around. Check out the install options and see what you
want to install first.

I chose the install clean system option and customized the install to
make the system leaner choosing only the drivers for my printer and
none of the other languages. The install took only about 15-20 min and
everything went without a hitch. It seems fast and apps definitely
launch faster. I like not having to wait almost a minute for sys prefs
to launch. I'm cruising now.

The iMac, not so good, but stupid me for thinking Drive 10 was actually
a viable product and wanting to use a utility "made for OS X". The
thing hosed the hell out of my files on the Lamp first I ran a check
and all was fine. Ran the tests again, it was great. Then I decided to
defrag the drive and 'oh boy!' files were toast. It took a whole day
for the defrag to go through on the nearly half-filled 60GB drive.
Afterwards files were all over the place, corrupt and were apps. But
this aint about Drive 10 this is about Jag. It absolutely purrs on the
iMac. The jag install went great. I'm sure it should be great on one of
those new Tibooks.

Seth