On Monday, October 21, 2002, at 08:11 PM, Obi-Wan wrote:

>>> You are correct.  Tony has always been a Mac guy.  Well maybe not
>>> always,
>>> but at least for the last 5 years.  I remember reading an article in
>>> one of
>>> the Mac Mags about his MacAddiction.  Maybe he used a PC years ago??
>>
>> It was in MacAddict..Feb 2001, he did an interview and a short how-to
>> on
>> getting good skate video. Hew was on the staff video that month too. I
>> have it laying about the house somewhere...
>
> No.  It was wayyy before that one.  Like 1997 or something. Anyway, I
> re-watched the ad and it makes no mention of him switching.  Funny huh?
> Watch it again.  All he says is that he uses his mac to make Movies.
> It's
> not really a switch ad. Apple has blurred the lines.  Same with Kelly
> Slater
> and DJ Qbert.

I think it's time for Apple to shake up its advertising campaign. The
new 17" FP iMac deserves a better market share.
Donald
PS Speaking of OSes, I'm reading a "History of Unix for Dummies" kind of
article for my web development class. It suggests that Unix held or has
the promise of running on any kind of computer. What is being done to OS
X to make its Unix code machine specific? Is something in the code
specific to the processor? Is it the specifications of the GUI laid over
the  Unix code  that makes it incompatible with anything but a mac?

Send list messages to:  <mailto:G-Books@;mail.maclaunch.com>
For digest mode, email: <mailto:G-Books-digest@;mail.maclaunch.com>