In a message dated 11/3/02 1:30:06 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< I wonder if other people on this list experience flaky Airport connections.
I have a TiBook 667/GB Ethernet Rev B Airport Card and a graphite base
station all the newest updates installed. Normally I've got all 4 bars no
matter where I have got the TiBook in the apartment but hen suddenly -
without moving the TiBook the wireless reception drops completely. Again
this happens out of the blue and has no correlation to any particular
software I am running at the time. The cordless phone and the cell phone
that I have do not change in their activity (unplugging them makes no
difference). Once the connection is gone it sometimes comes back on it's own
(after a couple of hours) as I can tell from the ErageX error log (I am
checking email all 5 mins). If I want to regain connection I need to bring
the TiBook right next to the Airport station, then in many cases restart the
base station (pulling the power plug) and then change the channel via the
airport config utility. After that everything will be ok for a undetermined
period of time I have experienced months without failure but also recurring
connection failure several times a day. I had already exchanged the Airport
card but no difference. I still believe it's probably got something to do
with the TiBook, since I never had any trouble with my Pismo.

You mentioned that you live in an apartment. You also mention that you have a
cordless phone. Is it a 2.4GHz phone? And do you have a microwave oven? Or do
neighbors in adjoining apartments? 2.4GHz phones, microwave ovens and Airport
are all accessing the same bandwidth. So there may be household appliances,
either in your own apartment or in adjoining ones (including above and below
you) that may be having an effect on your Airport connection.

Michelle

Send list messages to:  <mailto:G-Books@;mail.maclaunch.com>
For digest mode, email: <mailto:G-Books-digest@;mail.maclaunch.com>