on 11/4/02 23:29, wappling at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi all, Im looking into connecting An I-book wireless connection to cable
> modem,My question is I see a number of brands and prices all over heck, is
> there any big advantage to going apple airport as to simplicity over D-link
> as an example?

There is a slight advantange to using an Airport base station over other
routers and access points. The way that Apple handles WEP keys is very slick
but only works slickly with the Airport base station. I still haven't got
WEP working with my MR314 but, as I understand it, I merely have to put hex
keys in instead of a password.

For me, it's not worth $150+ for this functionality.

-Mick

Send list messages to:  <mailto:G-Books@;mail.maclaunch.com>
For digest mode, email: <mailto:G-Books-digest@;mail.maclaunch.com>